Hi,

On 2009/09/19, at 14:23, Christiaan Kras wrote:

Because the less difference between the development and production server the better. It lessens the amount of possible problems that can arise when deploying the application to the production server.

I use the same setup: local nginx, all my development is done with Cat under fastcgi. But no, I could not find any workaround for restarting the service.

melo

Christiaan

-origineel bericht-
Onderwerp: Re: [Catalyst] FastCGI on dev. server, reloading modules?
Van: Tomas Doran <bobtf...@bobtfish.net>
Datum: 19-09-2009 15:02

On 19 Sep 2009, at 12:54, Christiaan Kras wrote:
So far I've always tested my Catalyst apps running through CGI.
Since FastCGI gives such a performance boost I was wondering if I
can test with FastCGI without having to manually restart my
instances after I've made a change to a controller/model/view/ anything

Why would you want to do that?

Why aren't you using the development server for development?

Cheers
t0m