On 17 Oct 2009, at 13:38, Octavian Râşniţă wrote:

Can you tell me more about this last step?

I have tried to put in Makefile.PL:

use FindBin;
use local::lib "$FindBin::Bin/support";

But when I run it, it still tries to write to /var/www which is the home dir of www-data user (the current user).

So I have also tried removing those 2 lines and doing:

$ perl -Mlocal::lib

Then
$ perl Makefile.PL

But it asked me:

[sudo] password for www-data:

You are doing it wrong.

Just running perl -Mlocal::lib will print out the shell variables which you need to set for local::lib to work.

Printing stuff out is not the same as telling your shell about it.

See:
http://search.cpan.org/~apeiron/local-lib-1.004008/lib/local/lib.pm#The_bootstrapping_technique

Specifically, you need to say something like: echo 'eval $(perl -I $HOME/perl5/lib/perl5 -Mlocal::lib)' >>~/.bashrc

Cheers
t0m