--On Thursday, December 17, 2009 01:15:52 AM +0000 Tomas Doran <bobtf...@bobtfish.net> wrote:

On 17 Dec 2009, at 01:07, Tom Stall wrote:
I guess you also found a couple of things missing which weren't
listed as
dependencies in Makefile.PL?

Are these the ones mentioned in an earlier thread?

Erm, they're the ones you added to your app as you wrote it..

Not at the point where I know yet. But, I'm cheating; I'm loading a
lot of the dependencies first, by installing the tutorial from CPAN.

And your deployment method for production applications on production
systems is going to involve installing the tutorial as an explicit step?

That's fairly horrible in itself, and you are also relying on the fact
that 'best practice' won't move on in a way which will result in things
your app needs being dropped - hmmm...

t0m,

Excellent point.... As this is my first time through this, I setup a sandbox to work through the process. I will do it again, with a hopefully greater level of understanding, to continue development.

Tom

Cheers
t0m

Searchable archive: