On 19/01/10 21:45, Tomas Doran wrote:

On 19 Jan 2010, at 00:26, Toby Corkindale wrote:
As I said, I've tried the -e (same as -keeperr) options in combination
with the *_DEBUG environment variables.

That should (and does) work here..

Hmm. That's interesting to know.. I swear it isn't working on the machines I was testing this on the other day. Many things are old on them, so maybe it's something in a fastcgi library or other.
I'll investigate some more.

(The front-end apache servers aren't logging any catalyst debug output
anywhere; possibly this is a config error there, or possibly
intentional on the part of sysadmins - however either way it's not
something I'm about to change.)

Yeah, that's got to be config of some sort, Catalyst does log down the
fcgi socket by default..

For what it's worth, or anyone reading this in the archives in the
future - this is still on Catalyst Runtime 5.8.16.
(.17 was busted, .18 doesn't work out of the box in our environment
due to some of the changes and so isn't
considered production ready by us just yet.)

I don't see a bug report for this anywhere? Did I miss it?

"make catalyst_par" doesn't produce a working PAR, as the Catalyst::ScriptRunner modules is not included inside the PAR.
Introduced in 5.8.17. Reported 15 Dec 2009.

Temporary fix is to add to Makefile.PL:
catalyst_par_classes('Catalyst::ScriptRunner');
catalyst_par_classes('Catalyst::Script::FastCGI');
..etc..

but of course if you do that, the package will fail to build on older pre-version-17 setups, and I didn't really want to get into the Makefile.PL complexity of optionally including them based on revisions of modules..

Cheers,
Toby