On 20 Jan 2010, at 09:37, Tobias Kremer wrote:
b) there is something like page fragment caching which allows me to
not cache DBIC objects but generated HTML in an elegant way (without
having to wrap each TT code snippet with cache get/set calls)?

As noted by already, serving ESI is a good way to do this. I'd recommend Catalyst::View::Component::SubInclude for this.

It would be perfectly possible (and in fact quite easy) to write a backend for that which cached the fragment for you...

So you can get the best of all worlds - use SubRequest in development, cache the fragments now for production, and when you come to scale a lot - you can use varnish/ESI straight away, just by changing config - rather than needing to rework parts of your app. :)

Cheers
t0m