I have a couple of production Catalyst/DBIx::Class sites on Debian stable, and
then on my personal hobby site I use local::lib to try out new things.
Recently I split out my users for this site into a separate model and I thought
it a good exercise to learn and use KiokuDB.  It was just a couple of simple
objects, users & roles, but I believe I have a better understanding of how a
schema-less data model would work.  All I do are lookups based on ID or indexed
object values, but doing any type of ordering by dates or titles is a mystery.
It seems that the Search::GIN is to provide this sort of functionality, but it
is under-documented and has not had an update for awhile.

I do
 not see many posts
 regarding uses of KiokuDB within Catalyst so I was curious about the opinion
of the community in regards to its usage.  Is it still to early within
development?

Also, I have been reading more about the increase in the NoSQL interest, with a
particular interest in the MongoDB database (it seems to be similar in some
respects to KiokuDB), but I do not find Perl people in the discussion as much
as others (Ruby, PHP).  Are there developers in the Catalyst community who lean
toward NoSQL concepts over traditional RDMS's, or is best to view as a tool to
use at times?

How about MongoDB?  Am I being suckered by another bandwagon?

Thanks, Scott K.