On 06/03/2010, at 2:13 PM, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> On 5/03/10 at 11:15 AM +0100, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann
> <ostm...@websuche.de> wrote:
>
>> We use simple View::TT and then a Filter:
>> [%- USE Latex; FILTER latex("pdf") -%]
>
> Can anyone advise how long the learning curve is for latex (for basic usage)?
> Would I be better off spending my time learning that?

Depends how specific your layout requirements are and the kind of document you
want to produce.  LaTeX is pretty straightforward really, but you don't really
have the fine grained control that other document formats have, so if you have
exotic layout requirements it's going to be annoying.

http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~zrajm/nerd/LaTeX/quickguide.html is a good enough
start.  You don't need to know all of that.