On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 02:38:50PM -0700, Steve Kleiman wrote:
> Here goes...hopefully a simple test case for the RunAfterRequest oddness.

> The code below with the forward INSIDE 'run_after_request' subroutine throws
> the error:
> > [error] Caught exception in engine "Modification of non-creatable array
> > value attempted, subscript -1 at
> > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Catalyst/Dispatcher.pm line 278."

I think that's probably $c->stack being empty because there's no request
anymore.

I *think* that

$c->view('Email')->process($c);

would work, since that doesn't rely on the action call stack.

That error message is fucking awful though, and almost certainly my fault.

Proposal: first you try the ->process-by-hand approach to confirm that I'm
an idiot the way I think I am. Second we discuss how to either (a) fix this
or (b) make sure it produces a non-awful error.

(even if you've already rewritten the code it'd be much appreciated if you
could try this out and see if it does the right thing - also, you then get to
point and laugh at me with a bit of luck, which may or may not be an added
incentive ;)

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst