On 07/08/2010 01:27 PM, w...@serensoft.com wrote:
Hmm: Become-user?

Is there a clean way to provide a means for sys-admins to "become user" to track down issues? It's much easier to diagnose when seeing what the user's seeing directly, when we look at it through our own eyes -- as opposed to relying on vague user-style descriptions ("unrecognized date format" vs "doesn't work").

use Catalyst qw/
        ConfigLoader
        Static::Simple
        Session
        Session::Store::DBIC
        Session::State::Cookie
            Authentication
            Authentication::Credential::Password
                Authorization::Roles
                Authorization::ACL
        /;

I just have the user log in and then admins can go to a page and "steal" the session cookie (storing it to browser) from any user from the db. I'm in a controlled env. with no danger from it, though =)

-Sir