On 18 Jul 2010, at 19:58, Alejandro Imass wrote:

So in conclusion, it seems reasonable to say that I should not worry
about the global vars (the Moose object attributes) in my Model
Instance to get overridden by the ACCEPT_CONTEXT call, as this call
will only be called once in sequence with a single request. Anyone
disagree?

Yes.

They're _still_ not global variables, they are instance variables, of an instance which is scoped to the application lifetime.

And changing the values of them per-request is still entirely wrong, yucky, bad design etc.

If you need an ACCEPT_CONTEXT method, than return a _different_ instance which has the mutable state, rather than smashing things in your per-app instance and returning that.

(But yes, even if you do the thing I'm recommending against, it will work without multiple threads stamping on each other).

Cheers
t0m