Good evening,

I updated heaps of modules on my dev server last night, and my app broke horribly. Various errors in the log, common one being:

    Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: xxxx"

I reverted to a backup and updated modules in small batches. The error returned when updating Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::URI v0.14.

The change notes indicate a couple things I probably should focus on:

    - Fix behaviour when debug is turned on by wrapping prepare_path
      rather than prepare_action (RT#56753).
    - Fix for loading the session ID with a cookie for some actions
      and Session::State::URI for others (RT#57620)

I'm guessing the error is due to the change from prepare_action to prepare_path but I don't know enough about the C::Engine internals to figure out what the real problem is. Or maybe it's not even a problem with C::Engine, and that's just where exception gets thrown.

During my testing I determined the issue happens when running under both myapp_server and myapp_fastcgi. (So I don't think it's an issue specific to C::Engine::HTTP or C::Engine::FastCGI.)

Can anyone help with the debug process from here? What should I try next? What other info should I provide?

Plugin list is:

__PACKAGE__->setup(qw/
    ConfigLoader
    AutoCRUD
    Static::Simple
    Params::Nested
    I18N
    Unicode::Encoding
    Cache::HTTP

    Session
    Session::Store::DBIC
    Session::State::Cookie
    Session::State::URI

    Authentication
    Authorization::Roles
    Authorization::ACL
    RequireSSL

    Cache
/);

Just using C::P::Session::State::URI v0.13 for now is fine. But I'd like to get this solved before pushing changes to production.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison                   <char...@garrison.com.au>