Hello,

Yes I'm working on the same thing at the moment, since I need the
configuration file to be used with different applications I use yaml config
file because yaml is global

Then you can place your configuration file anywhere and from your main
project module Project.pm

add the following before __PACKAGE__->setup();

__PACKAGE__->config( 'config_file' => [ /new/path/location/Project.yml'] );

You need to delete configuration file from the home directory as this will
not work if the original config file still in the home directory of the
project, this what I've learned after trials and errors :) hope I'm right,
please try