On 28 Jan 2011, at 16:34, piccard wrote:

So put that logic in your domain model (i.e. DB row class), where it belongs?

sorry, I'm not sure what u mean (new to Catalyst and DBIx).
I need progressive authentication.

No, you don't.

First it should check against the db and then against the LDAP-dir, but using the roles from the db. If I'm going to put the new 'check_password' inside the Result Class I'm not able to to check also against the LDAP-Dir:

Yes you are - it's just code... Make the check_password method in the result class do the right thing for you.

Cheers
t0m