In order of importance, my considerations when making the decision about a year ago (no existing Cat apps at that point) were:

Adoption Rate: I subscribed to mailing lists for FormFu and HFH, and noticed more people talking about HFH. Moosiness: Since Catalyst was making the move to Moose, and Moose seemed to have quite a following, this made HFH look like the better long-term solution Documentation/Community support: I personally thought HFH docs were somewhat better than FormFu, YMMV YAML/config based approach: While I now understand (thanks to previous posters on this thread) that there are multiple formats for the configs with FF, the idea of using a config file for form declaration did not appeal to me.

I agree with Stephen to a large degree on how to handle the decision.
Steve
st...@matsch.com