From: Robert Dormer [mailto:rdor...@myartplot.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:51 PM
To: catalyst@lists.scsys.co.uk
Subject: [Catalyst] fastcgi script returns 404

Hello all,

I have a catalyst installation that I'm bringing up from scratch in a new
environment.  I've decided to go with lighttpd / fastcgi as the web server.
When running the server script (the project is named map, so it's the
map_server.pl<http://map_server.pl> script), pages seem to come up just fine.
However, when I start lighttpd, and run the
map_fastcgi.pl<http://map_fastcgi.pl> script with the following command line:

./script/map_fastcgi.pl<http://map_fastcgi.pl> --listen
127.0.0.1:9000<http://127.0.0.1:9000> --nproc 5 --keeperr 2

It seems that only the index page of the site is served properly - any other
link that I click on just results in a 404.  So it seems that I am doing
something wrong with fastcgi.  Can anyone recommend what I need to do
differently?

For informational purposes - I run lighttpd with the following configuration
file:

server.document-root = "/home/mapper/artplot/root/"
server.modules += ( "mod_fastcgi" )
server.port = 80

server.username = "mapper"
server.groupname = "mapper"

mimetype.assign = (
  ".htm" => "text/html",
  ".html" => "text/html",
  ".txt" => "text/plain",
  ".jpg" => "image/jpeg",
  ".png" => "image/png"
)

static-file.exclude-extensions = ( ".pm", ".pl", ".conf" )

fastcgi.server = ("" =>
    ((
        "host" => "127.0.0.1",
        "port" => 9000,
    ))
)

Main Number - (617) 752-1714
http://www.MyArtPlot.com
All-in-one empowerment platform for the art industry and profession - complete
with social, professional, and commercial power.

MyArtPlot, LLC
Attn: General Mail
P.O. Box 960812
Boston, MA 02196

Please note that this e-mail contains information that may be confidential and
proprietary. It is to be read and used solely by the intended recipient(s).
MyArtPlot, LLC and its affiliates retain all proprietary rights that they may
have in the information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and please delete this e-mail (including any
attachments hereto) immediately without reading, disseminating, distributing or
copying. Cheers & Thank you.