From: Tadhg

  Hi All,

  I’m trying to deploy a simple Catalyst application for internal users, so I
don’t need anything fancy load balancing or proxy servers etc.

  My environment,
  Server: Windows 2003 server 32 bit
  Dev Client: Windows 7 64 bit
  Perl: 5.14.12 32 bit
  Catalyst: 5.90018

  I’ve had a look at the deployment page on the Catalyst Wiki, which gives a
good indication of what sould work (though I think some of it may be out of
date). Each option I try leads to a roadblock, so I start down a new path with
the same result.

  My no doubt misguided impressions are, Nginx/Lighttpd have limited win
support, Acache is difficult and so not recommended and IIS needs Apache and
FastCGI and is therefore doubly complex.

  What I’d like is somebody to tell me what they have working on windows, or
even better what the best/least painful solution is?

  If appropriate I’ll then update/extend the wiki.

  Thanks,
  Tadhg

  Apache with mod_perl works fine.

  (Installing mod_perl using ppm)

  Apache configuration is very simple to make a Catalyst app work with it.

  Octavian