The Union Springs Special....

John went down to the bank about 1:45 this afternoon then stopped by the Rte.
90, Mill Pond, duck/owl box  (on the Howland St. side). He squeeked & instantly
a gorgeous, fluffy head appeared at the hole!!  He brought me the car so I
could go look at "our" little cutie. This is the 1st time I ever saw the sharp
talons hanging onto the edge of the opening. This is the hi-light of the day!!

Last evening I saw what looked like the "flag" of a deer bounding way out back
in the hayfield. It was actually the female Harrier hunting & I was seeing the
white rump patch.

Fritzie