--=====================_190796==.ALT

 >From: Steven Daniel <sdani...@rochester.rr.com>
 >To: Geneseebirds <geneseebird...@geneseo.edu>
 >Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:25:44 -0400
 >Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Scissor-tailed flycatcher
 >Sender: geneseebirds-l-boun...@geneseo.edu
 >
 >Bob:   Is the following accurate?  Want to be sure before I post it.  Do
 >you think both maps (or just one) should be attached?  (Geneseebirds
 >doesn't like attachments, but in this case it may be useful to break the
 >rules.    I was unclear if he saw it on VanDyne Spoor Road or an abandoned
 >railbed nearby???
 >

 >The text below is what I was thinking of posting.  Feel free to correct
 >anything.  I will wait to hear back from you before I post:     Steve
 >

 >I received a note from Bob Marcotte, who forwarded photos of the
 >scissor-tailed flycatcher,  and a note from Doug Racine..  Bob has asked
 >that I forward the information to the listserv.
 >
 >Here is the info that Bob passed on from Doug Racine:
 >Saw the bird this afternoon and was still hanging around, at end of
 >Vandyne Spoor Road in Savannah.  It was on the wires, then went down in
 >the brush
 >i didnt notice it in the morning, but was there in the afternoon....   It
 >s a dirt road that is very easy to drive on, hardly any potholes.   it was
 >over halfway down after the tree line.
 >
 >He included photos taken around 2:15 pm today.
 >
 >I am including two attachments that have google earth images showing the
 >location.
 >
 >Good luck to all.

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
webpage:

http://meenaharibal.blogspot.com/

http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/mothsofithaca.htmlhttp://haribal.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/wildwest+trip+August+2007+.pdf

Current Loc: 42o 25' 44.48" N, 76o 28' 16.90" W Elev 816 ft or 248.7 m
Formerly: 19o 0' 41,65" N, 72o 51' 13.02" E Elev 33 ft or 10m