Did my first winter birding/photography in my life today and I had a
awesome visitor today. I was taking some pictures of the birds that
were visiting my feeder (Titmouse, Starlings, BC Chickadee, WB
nuthatch and DE junco), then all of a sudden there was a surge of
Cardinals around 9-12 feeding on fruits around my feeder. While I was
taking some pictures of the Cardinals, what I believe to be a Copper's
Hawk dove in to try to capture some Cardinals but failed. All the
birds that were calling kept quiet until the C. hawk decided to fly
away, it was very impressive and it was my first C. hawk :). Here is a
picture that I managed to take under the snow, I think my lens
suffered a little, hope its ok.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/puertoricanwildlifephotography/4192680233/

Alberto López
8 Country Club Road