I did a short walk from 730-8am on Wilson looping back toward Fuller.

10' from the gate, a YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER M in full breeding colors and
singing heartily in a bush 8' away. Beautiful in the rising sun!

30' further down the trail, one of the MINKs ran by me along the edge of the
pond. So much smaller looking than back in early March when he was puffed up
against the cold!

At the point where one turns to go across the wooden bridge toward Fuller
trail, the BROWN THRASHER was singing away high in a tall tree at the end of
the pond. I managed not to startle him away today (there was an intervening
tree), and had a long good look at this handsome bird facing the sun about
80' away. Yellowish patch under throat, and less stripey breast and flanks
than Sibley shows. This guy was whiter on belly and flanks.

Numerous WHITE-THROATED SPARROWs calling from the woods, one seen. (I've
just read Mark's acct of the many sparrows he got, but which I missed by not
tuning into their songs. More to learn!)

PILEATED WOODPECKER banging on a tree and hollering, but didn't see it
today.

I distinctly heard several very nearby 'peents' from the marshy brush, but
couldn't spot the caller. Would a woodcock have come over to feed in this
area? Sure sounded like one.

Didn't see the GBHs on the nest, though one may be down in the bowl.

Pair of COMMON MERGANSERs on the berm sunning.

The normal complement of geese, mallards, robins, red-wings, chickadees,
downy, tree swallows, grackles.

Great way to start a Monday!