At 4:30pm the Yellow-throated Warbler was still around, though not by the road. It was in the stand of pines about 200 yards east on the old RR grade. I suspect that it's moving back and forth between that stand of pines and the stand by the road.

Thanks, Chris, for sending out the note about this gorgeous bird.

Sydney Penner

Christopher Wood wrote:
The Yellow-throated Warbler is still here singing and has been seen by everyone who has come to look for it (I believe). It tends to stay high in the pines, but occasionally comes down lower.

The best thing to do is to drive to the north end of Monkey Run Road and park in the snow plow turnaround area. Listen for it singing.

I was also able to get some better photos, which you can get to below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinicola/

Cheers,
Chris Wood

eBird & Neotropical Birds Project Leader
Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York
http://ebird.org
http://neotropical.birds.cornell.edu