Took my youngest son to Montezuma this afternoon after
hearing about the GRAY KINGBIRD. We struck out on the
kingbird but, as Bob stated, there was a lot around Montezuma.
We found one GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE among
the many many CANADA's and a fair number of SNOWs at
Knox-Marcellis. Another birder pointed out a possible ROSS's
GOOSE as this bird was much smaller than the nearby SNOWs.
However, the bird was sleeping and we could not get a positive id.
Maybe it was the bird mentioned in Bob's post?

Later, we stopped at the bend in wildlife drive after hearing
about the HUDSONIAN GODWIT from two kind birders. This bird
was very easily found as it was actively foraging fairly close to the road.
I tried to get a decent digiscope image, but the bird would not sit still!
I was able to get two fair to poor images when the bird was
a little more distant. My closer images were completely blurry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenicosia/5108608265

We saw the same shorebirds as mentioned in Bob's post at this location. I also
had 2 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS. I was surprised to see so many
shorebirds. Isn't October 23rd getting kind of late?

Dave Nicosia
Johnson City, NY