I spent about 15 minutes around 2pm today enjoying excellent views with and
without binoculars (too close for anything but low power on my scope!) of the
King Eider swimming, diving and eating crayfish (I think) in Fall Creek near
the boathouse.  He was often as close as 15 feet from the boathouse dock, and
did not seem at all afraid of me and the other three birders there.  Then he
swam toward the lake and lighthouses.  How wonderful to have this community and
list serve to alert us of these wonderful opportunities! Marsha Kardon