Dave,

The  feeder birds did not seem disturbed at all by the hawk, not when it
first swooped down prior to the catch nor after it took the junco. Wouldn't
the Sharpie pose at least an initial threat to all? My first impression was
that In the middle of a snowstorm, the energetic benefits of obtaining food
might outweighs the benefits of fleeing. Do you think that's the issue?

*Candace Cornell*
Stuck Inside Birder