A large flock (I'd say 100+) Common Redpolls is now consorting with the even
larger flock of Snow Buntings on Mt Pleasant. As of this morning they were
foraging on the north side of Mt Pleasant Rd, from 8:30 until around 10:30 am
they were in the field just east of the radio tower, but now have moved into
the adjacent field toward the "sheep farm" in the valley west of the radio
tower.

The redpolls are feeding on the same vegetation as the buntings (I think it is
some alfalfa mixed in with grasses). I spent several hours there this morning
shooting video footage of the flocks (...and am now looking for a business
partner who simply loves editing video!!! I shot 8 GB of footage just
now...somewhat overwhelming to think of editing all that)

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA