Aurora Bay hosted an enormous raft (actually several) of mostly Redheads with
some Ring-necked Ducks mixed in this morning. The flock was almost directly
below the Lake Road bluffs when I arrived around 9:15 am and had slowly moved
southward farther along the lake when I returned around 10:45 am. I had a lot
of fun shooting still and video, especially the latter, watching as the raft
slowly changed shape as the mass of birds moved around. One still photo,
showing just part of the raft, is here:

http://www.marieread.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=42&pos=10

Anybody want to count 'em???

Otherwise, Center Road had just a single Horned Lark, but a newly manured field
just south of the Triangle Diner (on Lake Ridge Road - correct name??) had a
large flock of possible 200 Horned Larks.
There were scatted Tundra Swans along the lake, but the closest swans that got
me all excited along Lake Road turned out to be Mutes!

A pretty winter day.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road