On Sunday afternoon, around 3:30, there was a flock of 12 Horned Larks with
about half as many Snow Buntings flying in the fields at the eastern end of Mt
Pleasant Rd. The same number of Horned Larks were also in the same area,
feeding in the snow-free patches of ground, on Friday afternoon. Whether they
were there during Saturday's blizzard conditions, I don't know, but I WASN't!!

Earlier today, a Common Raven flew over the yard calling.
And Mr and Mrs Cardinal seem to be doing a bit of courting—he's pursuing her,
in a kind of polite way, everywhere she goes.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA