Pretty quiet in Dryden today.  Dryden Lake still has large numbers of
mergansers (including at least seven RED-BREASTED), and today a pair of
Lesser Scaup, but not much else.  Perhaps the best birds were two
transitional-plumaged DUNLIN (first found by Stuart Krasnoff) at George
Road, near the corner of George Road and Rt. 38.  A SPOTTED SANDPIPER was
with them as well.  Not much else of note at George Road either, although
yesterday (and for several days before) I saw a late ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK
hanging around that area.

We still have FOX SPARROWS in the yard, joined by a few White-throated
Sparrows today.  Although we don't have any at the feeders, I saw a COMMON
REDPOLL coming to a feeder near the base of Beam Hill (east) just now.

Good birding,

Jay McGowan
Dryden, NY