I must have just missed Bob, but saw and heard the same warblers while
walking the path around the swan pen. Also singing were numerous house
sparrows, redwings, robins, starlings, and a N. Cardinal.
Several Northern Rough-winged and numerous Tree Swallows were catching
insects over the water and a chattering kingfisher circled the pond and flew
off. I must have come right after a hatch of gnats as a cloud of them
swarmed around me as I followed the warblers around the pond.

Several Canada Geese are nesting along the northern edge of the pen with
protective males fiercely hissing at passersby. Above one nest, a trio of
bright N. Flickers noisily challenged each other atop a large cottonwood.
Their yellow under-wings were flashing brilliant yellow as they flew around
each other loudly squawking and trading places on the limb.

Six pairs of Lesser Scaup and a pair of Bufflehead were resting just off
shore in the placid lake along with numerous Canada Geese and mallards. A
predominantly white-bodied hybrid mallard was also among the mix. It was a
pleasant interlude on this drizzly, dank day.

Candace Cornell