Hi all,

After dropping my daughter off for school this morning I made an
impromptu stop at Personius Woods (part of Tanglewood Nature Center in
Elmira, Chemung Co., NY).  You know it's going to be a good day when
four species of warbler greet you before you get out of the car!

I observed 11 species of warblers, but the nuthatches and woodpeckers
I expected were conspicuously quiet and I didn't find any hoped-for
thrushes. The highlights were a Black-capped Chickadee with a face
full of deer hair (creating a look to rival Santa Claus's legendary
beard) and a loudly-singing Mourning Warbler.  I just discovered that
was the second Mourning Warbler I've reported from Tanglewood - the
first being exactly one year ago, 17 May, 2010.

My full checklist is below.

Good birding,
Mike

--
Mike Powers
Horseheads, NY

Tanglewood Nature Center--Personius Woods, Chemung, US-NY
May 17, 2011 8:10 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Conditions:  47*F, 100% cloud cover, low-lying cloud
cover created fog-like atmosphere, no direct precipitation (but damp).
33 species

Mourning Dove  4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1