Yesterday at 6:15 am in the visitor parking lot at the Lab, quite near the
sapsucker sign, there was a skulking BROWN THRASHER. I got a good look and
then he crossed the road and disappeared into the brush.

Today in the parking lot closest to the airport, over the chained-off drive,
there was an AMERICAN KESTREL at about 1:15pm in some dead branches.

Also of interest has been all the bathing going on-- I've seen several GRAY
CATBIRDS and TUFTED TITMICE bathing enthusiastically, one AMERICAN ROBIN j*ust
sitting* in a puddle on the trail (it is very hot today, after all), and
yesterday a YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER was spread out completely, full
wingspan, tail fanned, flat to the ground in the middle of the white barn
pond platform walkway (there has got to be a better name for that location:
help), having a very nice UV bath, fairly unconcerned about me and the other
person out on the platform.

There have been BLACKPOLL WARBLERS in the parking lot near my apt. on
Buffalo St. downtown. I guess parking lots are the place to be these days.

Caroline Manring
Ithaca