Hi everyone,

You may want to take a look at the eBird bar charts to give you an
idea of what birds have been seen at Myers Point, Sapsucker Woods,
Tompkins county or any state, county or birding location anywhere in
the world. Whenever I go to a new location, or even to learn more
about the birds around here, I look at the bar charts to better
understand when to look for birds (and where).

The link below is just for Myers Point, which has some fairly nice bar
charts given the good eBird coverage in Tompkins County.

http://tinyurl.com/myerspoint

Or the full URL below:

http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?step=saveChoices&getLocations=hotspots&parentState=US-NY&bMonth=01&bYear=1900&eMonth=12&eYear=2011&reportType=location&hotspots=L99615&hotspots=L283458&continue.x=42&continue.y=9&continue=Continue

If you click on the name of any species name on the bar chart, you can
explore high counts, and also see a map that shows all the locations
where the species has been seen (in this case, we are looking at Myers
Point, so you will only see that location. If you click on the google
marker on the map, you can see who saw the species, when and how many
were recorded. So for Myers Point, you can see that there are 19
different reports of Black-crowned Night-Heron (many involving the
same bird). It looks like this bird was first reported the 24th of
July and has been seen off and on since then. Perhaps someone saw it
earlier. If so, feel free to enter it into eBird. :)

Thanks,
Chris Wood
Ithaca, New York