I also had a very good morning at Sapsucker Woods, seeing many of the same birds as Mark although we did not meet.  I only have a few additions.  I arrived at the parking lot along the Dryden Rd side midway along Sapsucker Woods at 8am and walked north along the trails of the Ithaca side toward the Podell Boardwalk.  This is where I had seen at least 1 Swainson's Thrush last Saturday along with a couple of American Robins feeding on Spicebush fruits.  Yesterday Kevin McGowan raised that to several SWAINSON'S THRUSHES and a WOOD THRUSH.  Not only were they all still present this morning, but one Swainson's Thrush was giving "pit" calls and softly singing!  Shortly after this serenade Wes Hochachka arrived on his walk to work.  Together we quietly and slowly worked our way along the boardwalk, and he picked out the GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH resting on a dead branch about eye-level a few yards west near the south end of boardwalk.  We watched it regurgitate a couple seeds as shown in Kevin's photo, and eventually it flew north toward where Kevin said he'd seen it.  When we arrived there it flushed again because it had been in a spicebush overhanging the path but hidden from view by a tree trunk until we surprised each other.  However I was able to follow its short flight, and we were able to watch it another couple of minutes close to the ground and only a few yards away.  For me, too, this bird was perhaps my best view yet of the species.

I also found the BROWN THRASHER, and again had the best extended view that I can recall.  Initially it was giving call notes above a thicket along the powerline cut just north of where the trail cuts through the hedgerow toward the little wooden bridge over the ditch by the road.  The Thrasher then dropped down into the bush but remained in view as it ate a Gray Dogwood fruit.  What seemed to cause it to dive from view was a GRAY CATBIRD flying at it.  I then saw at least 4 Gray Catbirds in the same bush where the Thrasher had been (plus there were at least 5 more along the mown trail further south).  There were also several SWAMP SPARROWS in that same thicket.

Other fun birds included:

YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER - 1 north of Lab
EASTERN PHOEBE - 1 on stick in pond from Sherwood Platform, 1 north of Lab, 1 eating fruit along power line cut
BLUE-HEADED VIREO - 1 by Sherwood Platform
BROWN CREEPER - 2 on Dryden side in woods
RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET - 1 from Woodleton Boardwalk
MAGNOLIA WARBLER - 1 by Podell Boardwalk
BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER - 1 by Podell Boardwalk, 2 by Sherwood Platform
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER - 3 by Podell Boardwalk, 2 along power line cut
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT - 1 immature male by Fuller Wetlands
TENNESSEE WARBLER - 1 by Fuller Wetlands
NASHVILLE WARBLER - 1 by Fuller Wetlands
BLACKPOLL WARBLER - 1 from Woodleton Boardwalk

Perhaps the thrill of seeing many of these birds is increased by the possibility that it may be months until we meet again.

--Dave Nutter