Myers Point was fairly quiet this morning. Despite seemingly much better
migration conditions today than yesterday (very calm northwestish wind
instead of strong south), I saw VERY few birds moving, in contrast to
yesterday when dozens of loons and good numbers of geese were moving.
Stupid birds.

At any rate, it was much more pleasant there today than yesterday, and I
still saw a few birds. A male LONG-TAILED DUCK was on the water to the
south of the lighthouse, along with three female-type SURF SCOTERS, 4
LESSER and 6 GREATER SCAUP (and more Greater Scaup flying by), and 200
AMERICAN COOTS (the coots and scaup best viewed from the marina). At least
140 COMMON LOONS were on the water, most in a huge group pretty far
offshore due west, but as I said, I saw ZERO loons flying south today. The
only birds I saw moving south at all, actually, were 7 BONAPARTE'S GULLS,
all apparently adults. No Dunlin or interesting gulls on the spit, but a
SNOW BUNTING landed there for a while, before it heard another Snow Bunting
flying over and flew joyfully up to join it and continue north. Two male
BUFFLEHEAD were out on the lake, and a pair were close in at the marina. A
single DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT was foraging off the marina, and I heard
two flyover AMERICAN PIPITS.

Good birding,
-Jay

--