Hi All,
Yesterday, Gary Kohlenberg and I went to Rafferty Road to scout for SE
Owls.  Rafferty Road was pretty much plowed and was dirt. We drove around
the area, but still no good grassland for the bird. We did find 6 Pheasants
though.  We road down to the diner, but no luck, then back up to the field
across from Rafferty Road on Rte 90.  No luck.

Today we went to Scofield Road in Lansing, but didn't get there until 4:45
P.M. We had great looks at a playful Ermine. Finally, before darkness
overtook us, a SE Owl appeared.  There might be more than one owl, but it
just became too dark to see much.  Good luck if you go there.
Best, Ann