A few minutes ago,  I was watching "our" resident Turkey Vulture
circling & swooping low (<30ft) all around our backyard and then
settling on a back corner tree to spread its wings in the sun. A Raven
swooped down and was immediately mobbed by three crows, until it circled
back over the TV and was chased away. The large size and the wedge tail
was immediately recognizable, even w/o the mobbing crows.
For several weeks there has been a deer carcass just outside the SE
corner of our deer-fenced yard, which is why the TV and the Raven are
interested.

Nari Mistry,
Ellis Hollow rd.

--