I would think you should look at IBAs on a case-by-case basis, giving
consideration to the cited reasons for each listing. Some IBAs are certainly in
the inventory because they represent significant migration routes (for example,
all of Cayuga Lake is a designated IBA). But other IBAs were listed for
different reasons, and not primarily for their potential to concentrate
migrating birds.

Geo Kloppel
Bowmaker & Restorer
227 Tupper Rd