Saturday a.m.surprise: a flight of about 6 to 8 Vultures, mostly Turkey circled our hilly areaway above east side of Cayuga Lake for about an hour. Then I discovered 6 of them in our garden bushes and and trees consuming remains of several small 4 legged bodies out on theatgrass near the trees for an hour or 2. Later in the day and still today I noticed several Vultures continuing to scope the whole hillside from lake shore to hill tops.

On a new note our first Robins have arrived yesterday evening and the Goldfinch crowd has began to show bright gold colors.

The usual spring flow of Northern Mockingbirds with their distinctive, repetitive songs have not caught my attention yet, tho' the weather seems right. I will have to listen on the hills to watch their usual up-hill spring drift and expression of mating calls.....

Watt Webb in south Lansing
--
Watt W. Webb
Professor of Applied Physics