By the way, I was not able to find the Common Teal yesterday morning.
The teal numbers were way down from a few days ago (about 15 instead
of close to 80), but a lot of water had opened up on the east end
where there is a lot of vegetation, and a lot of the dabblers were in
there, so I could easily have missed it.  I will try to check later
today and will report if I refind it.  Not too many other new ducks,
either.  I have seen a Tundra Swan on and off at Dryden Lake, and I
saw a single TREE SWALLOW there yesterday.

This morning we had 7 FOX SPARROWS under the feeders, digging little
holes in the snow which the other sparrows, Song and American Tree,
were taking over occasionally.

Jay McGowan
Beam Hill (for a few more weeks)
Dryden, NY