As I drove up to the point at Myers at 7:40 this morning, an OSPREY was just rising from the water off the mouth of Salmon Creek with a nice fish in its talons. A couple of Ring-billed Gulls (wishful thinking) made brief attempts at larceny. A Black-backed might have had a chance. The Osprey, with its wriggling prey, flew off to the south. I'm sure the Osprey knows that the rainbow trout are massing at the mouths of the creeks right now, waiting for higher flow to make their spawning runs.

John Greenly
Ludlowville