Stunned by the appearance of a strange, bright object in the sky, I headed to
Newman Arboretum for some photography. While video-ing Red-winged Blackbirds
displaying, females calling, American Robins singing, and Northern Flicker
foraging on the ground, I twice heard a bright song that could only have been a
Baltimore Oriole. But in neither case could I confirm it visually. Given that
Tom Hoebbel (I think) posted one this morning, and the arrival of so many
migrants since last night, it would not be surprising.

Also there, Brown Thrasher singing, several Yellow Warblers, flyover Fish Crow,
and many of the usual suspects.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

***NEW***  See my beautiful photo notecards:

http://www.marieread.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=478&pos=0