Hi All,

I spent the night in my yard in a tent. Lots of traffic throughout night, I was
hoping it will slow down but did not. In between traffic noise I did hear some
wonderful things.

I  heard birds migrating whole night. I could recognize which I believe were
Swainson's Thrushes, a few Grey Cheeked, many  zeeps and tsips a couple of
buzzy calls. I have recorded a few calls will check them out later. Earlier in
the night I heard an Eastern Screech owl call. Around 2.30 am to 3.20 am, I
heard a single, slightly longish (may be a second  or two long) hoot repeated
through the time I mentioned above every few minutes. I have recorded this too,
but it was way out in the distance. I think this was a LONG-EARED OWL. I will
post it later if anyone wants to listen to it.

Coyotes howled whole night intermittently and as late as 6.34 am when they were
very close to my house, when Blue Jays were just getting up.

There is fawn, whose mother died in an accident a few days ago in neighbor's
yard, whom I see very often in the evenings when I am driving out. It keeps
coming back to the yard and is all alone. Ate up my Staghorn Sumac plant.  But
looks like it growing as I see it has lost its baby coat and seems to be
growing.  Hopefully it does not become pray of these coyotes.

In the morning I spent sometime at Freese Road gardens and did get to see a
Dickcissel. I also found a Variegated Fritillary (ok, this is not a bird but a
butterfly, a rare species to this location but this year they have been seen in
numerous locations in the north, but for me this was the first time I saw this
year)!

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal