Brad Walker and I stopped by Turkey Hill Road on our way to work this
morning and refound Jeff's NORTHERN SHRIKE. It was sitting in the
hedgerow along the east side of Turkey Hill Road just north of the big
barn at the intersection with Stevenson Road, then flew east to perch
on the fence post along the north side of the barn. It was an adult,
perhaps the same one that was hanging out in this area a month ago
(although my impression was this one wasn't quite as pale.)

Photo here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111137855303614931880/Winter20112012#5685999476524348802

We also walked at Hammond Hill earlier in the morning, where the only
birds of note were a flock of eight PURPLE FINCHES.

-Jay

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Jeff Gerbracht <ja...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> There was a Northern Shrike (juv) along Turkey Hill Rd, this morning,
> just uphill from the barn.
>   Jeff
>
> --
> Jeff Gerbracht
> Lead Application Developer
> Neotropical Birds, Breeding Bird Atlas, eBird
> Cornell Lab of Ornithology
> 607-254-2117

Jay McGowan
Macaulay Library