Hello all,

Many of you may have watched as we installed the two cameras that now sit on
the snag in the middle of Sapsucker Woods pond. Given how active the herons
have been over the last few days, we're excited to launch the cams to the local
birding community so you can begin enjoying the unique perspective afforded by
the two snag-mounted cams. The female just laid her first egg last night, and
if past years are any indication, could lay as many as three more!

We'll be running two channels  devoted to the heron's nesting attempt that will
both be featured at

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/cornellherons

The first channel will feature the upper-mounted camera during the day in HD
and with the ability to pan, tilt, and zoom if needed to see the action. During
the night it will feature the video from the lower wide-angle/lowlight cam.

The second channel will feature the view from the lower wide-angle camera
during daylight hours to provide a different perspective on the herons'
activities.

Hope you enjoy the sights and sounds as much as we have over the past few days,
and we apologize in advance for the lost productivity :)

charles.

--
Charles Eldermire
BirdCams Project Leader