Hope you can make it!

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
"The surprising behavior of crows" by John Marzluff
(online flyer: http://goo.gl/6jwqy)

Do crows really talk, give gifts, and use surfboards? Of course they do, and so
much more! During this seminar, John will explore and discuss some of
the amazing feats that crows and ravens are reknown for, investigating their
biological bases and implications for how we share the world with another
species that often gets our ire. Much of what John will discuss stems from the
contributions of citizen observers.

Speaker Info:
John Marzluff
Professor, Wildlife Science
University of Washington

Learn more about John's work at his website
http://www.cfr.washington.edu/SFRPublic/People/FacultyProfile.aspx?PID=10

Check out John's books on corvids available online
http://www.amazon.com/John-M.-Marzluff/e/B001ITYFK8

************************
Monday Night Seminars were originally conceived by Lab founder Dr. Arthur A.
Allen as a venue for sharing the complex world of science in a format aimed at
a public audience. Seminars typically begin at 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 7:00
p.m.) in the Visitors’ Center Auditorium. As always, admission is free and open
to all.

Charles Eldermire
Public Education Outreach Associate
Manager, Sapsucker Woods & Johnson Visitors' Center
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 254-1131