Thanks for the good idea!  I have just the suet feeder I could add the screws
to.  I've fed the orioles for several years now.  I've had out oranges for a
week now and no one has come for them.  I have Orioles, House Finches, and
Catbirds come for the grape jelly.  Sometimes, I get a Red-Bellied Woodpecker
that comes for oranges or jelly, but not so far this year.  They come for suet
or seeds.  I'm hoping that if I try your technique with oranges, that I may get
some new birds on the oranges.
Carol Keeler

Sent from my iPad