From: bounce-61034533-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-61034533-3493...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Dave Nutter
[nutter.d...@me.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:44 PM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Grasshopper Sparrow v. mowing near airport

Considering that Grasshopper Sparrow is listed by NYSDEC as a Species of
Special Concern,
http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/7494.html
I wonder can we convince the Tompkins County Airport, which owns the field on
the southwest corner of Warren and Cherry not to mow that field until July.
Would that be late enough for the Grasshopper Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow and
Eastern Meadowlark which were singing there today to finish breeding? Would the
Lab of O be willing to support this? Would the Cayuga Bird Club support this? I
don't think the field is used for hay, so there shouldn't be an economic or
agriculture issue.

Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail