Four folks joined me for a morning-long trip on Sunday.

We began at Myers Town Park but soon left because of the traffic on the spit! Salt Point proved to be a gold mine, with great looks at a juvenile Cooper's Hawk chasing a Flicker and other birds, unsuccessfully, before flying across the creek. We ran into a feeding flock comprised of Blue-headed and Red-eyed Vireo, Wilson's Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and Rose-breasted Grosbeak. Also around were resident Eastern Pheobe, Carolina Wren and, of course, Robins, Catbirds, and Song Sparrows.

Our next stop was the Edwards Cliff Preserve at the end of Teeter Road. Right out of the cars we encountered both Northern Mockingbird and Eastern Towhee and, farther in, more Carolina Wrens,Towhees, Catbirds, an Ovenbird, Magnolia Warbler, and a Blackpoll Warbler.

We ended the morning at the Freese Road Gardens with 3 Common Yellowthroats, 2 Indigo Buntings (SW, in the corn), 8 Savannah Sparrows, 1 Field Sparrow, and some 20 Song Sparrows. Our main target was Lincoln's Sparrow and, though we may have seen one, we were not able to confirm it.

Bob McGuire