To all Cayugabirders,

Regarding Jay's post about the cutting on Salt Point (north side of the creek across from Myers park):

Our newly elected Lansing town board member Katrina Binkewicz has found out that the town highway dept has been directed to do extensive cutting on Salt Point. We are moving fast to try to stop this and preserve the habitat, and we might need help from others who bird there, especially Lansing residents. If we need to convince the town that this is valuable for wildlife, and for the people who go there to see birds, we might need you to come to a town board meeting. If you would be willing to do this and help make the case for keeping good habitat there, please respond to me, NOT TO THE LIST, and I will contact you if there's an opportunity. For now, it would not be productive to contact the town directly- we don't want to create a confrontational situation unless we really need to.

Many thanks,
John Greenly
Ludlowville