In talking to Chris Wood some more today, I realized that he had seen several
other species yesterday that were not found by official counters of the CBC --
really shows what kind of diversity a top birder can find when they are
covering the whole area looking for target birds instead of walking all over
counting chickadees and juncos. In addition to the Surd Scoter, Long-tailed
Diuck, Glaucous Gull, N. Goshawk, and N. Saw Whet Owl, Chris also had numbers
of CANVASBACK from Hog Hole in the afternoon, a HORNED GREBE near the
lighthouse, and a WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW with Tree Sparrows somewhere near Drake
Rd. That would bump our 2013 total to 98, a new Ithaca high count, PLUS Chris
saw Green-winged Teal, N. Shoverler, and Lesser black-backed Gull all juist
north of the circle at Myer's Point.

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program